- Radically changing something or many things in their life. They over reacted to something. The pain can be intense and they reacted instead of responded to it, hoping it would go away.
- Dating and being promiscuous- STD, pregnancy, attachment, being preoccupied, distraction, using people
- Staying away from their children- it simply hurts too much to deal with their ex, so they stay away, which, by extension, means they stay away from their children, as well.
- Overspending- They really don’t keep a budget and are not sure how much they make or owe or can spend and they simply don’t care, until they are in a hole.
- Becoming a hermit- Sometimes the breakup beat them up pretty badly and they came to some conclusions that included staying away from people who could hurt them.
- Drinking too much- Many people, when they go out dating, drink a bit. Drinking kills the pain temporarily and then it disrupts sleep, gives hangovers, DUI, weight gain etc.
5 Mistakes People Make in Year 1 of Divorce
Thinking About “The House” in Mediation?
What other myths, or distorted thoughts, have you heard about staying in the house?
7 Ideas to Improve Post Divorce Co-parenting Communication